Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Summary

Wow.   I missed my "Saturday Summary" yesterday!  I had a huge presentation I was working on from 6:30 to 8:30 and then we took off.  More on that in a minute.

So, how was my week?  Well as usual, work slams me from Monday early morning until Wednesday night.   I try to pack as much into that as I can and literally work from when I wake up until I go to bed while I am away from the family so that I can feel less guilty about taking time for them while I'm hear.   We have a bunch of big stuff coming up -- some really cool stuff -- that is involving a lot of deep thinking.   So I have been off thinking about the Virginia system and learning acronyms like VDSS and LDSS and CSA and CPMT and CSB and CANS and and and.....

On Thursday I got to work from home, but spent most of the day at the church so I could focus.  I was working on the presentation I finished yesterday morning.

On Friday I went to a Regional CPMT meeting and learned all kinds of interesting things.  

On the family front, my phone is grand central station.  I learn all kinds of things.  I get great snap chats of some of my grandkids.  I hear from Mercedes nearly every day -- and -- BIG NEWS -- she just got a new job.   It's full time with benefits and her first "real" job.  With a desk.   She's excited and I'm proud of her.  She had a very diligent job search when she decided to stop being a nanny and put a lot of effort into it.  It paid off!

I got texts from Tony thanking me for the letter I sent.... Jimmy texted me that he cut his finger.   Rand let me know he was going to buy groceries.  

On the home front here, Dominyk has been on a weird schedule, forgetting to take his meds, which always makes it tumultuous between he and I.  Wilson seems fine -- is planning to take his permit test next Friday and applied for a job where Salinda works.  We'll see what happens there.

Salinda got a couple pieces of bad news this week and I feel really bad for her.  She has done such a great job of putting her kids first, but her job is discouraging.  Please help me pray that she will get the job she just applied for as I think it would be a really good fit and could improve her life greatly.

Yesterday Bart and I took a day to visit the Andy Griffith museum in Mt. Airly, NC.  It was on our 2017 bucket list.   Which actually shouldn't really even be called a bucket list, but whatever.  So we drove there, looked around, hand some lunch... the drive was beautiful -- nice and sunny.

And today we went to church.

I've been feeling a little glum this weekend.  I think the main reason is because my children make choices that I know are going to make them suffer, and I warn them not to make them, and then they do, and then I have to watch them suffer.   It's one of the hardest thing about parenting kids from hard places, I think, as they reach adulthood.

Big week coming up at work.... Gotta stop being glum-- work to do.

For anyone who has read to this point, thanks for caring about my life enough to read this.  :-)


No comments: