Monday, July 31, 2017

Getting old? There's good news!


This may not seem like it makes sense but hang in there with me.

Light can make a huge difference, can't it?  The power went out briefly today in my office and it was really hard to work.... not to mention the fact that the iPhone flashlight came in very handy in the bathroom!

In Proverbs Chapter 4 in the Message it says:
The ways of right-living people glow with light;    the longer they live, the brighter they shine.
You have heard me talk about my mom so many times, and this is the truth!  The older she gets, the more she glows with light... and the brighter she shines.

I'm not finding a lot of reasons to be grateful that I'm getting older, but if I'm going to shine brighter each day that I live, that's a good thing.

I shared this song with you in August of 2016 but it’s worth sharing again.  And I am sure I have shared this quote, and it too, is worth sharing again. It is one of my all time favorites. The two go together so read first, then listen :-)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

No comments: