Saturday, July 01, 2017

Saturday Summary


Can you believe it?  I'm actually giving you my Saturday Summary on Saturday!

So, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, because I have been to the gym, something I started doing again this past 10 days or so, and I am loving how it makes me feel.  I am not loving being at the gym, but this is my formula for being able to handle life well.   Set some goals, get up, meet them before the day begins.... showering at the gym after a workout to begin my day, drinking half of my water goal for the day, all of that just sets me up to feel great.

I had really gotten into a slump.... if you want to read about all this weight loss junk, you can click over to my Steps blog.  I won't be linking to it often until I have lost twenty.... but if you post your journey in the comments we all hold each other accountable.

So, what happened this past week?

Work:  Good stuff!

1)  One of our best employees has made the decision to join us full time.  I can't tell you enough about how good this is going to be for the organization or for me, as this is one of the people who reports to me directly.

2)  I prayed and received clarity about a tricky situation and I have a plan as to how to go about "fixing it."

3)  We have an exciting day on Monday of planing for the future with a great team of people.  I'm excited about how that is all going to work out.

Home stuff:  The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

1)  The Good:  Because I am exercising I have more energy and am helping out a bit more which makes me feel better about myself.   I thoroughly enjoy my grandchildren from afar and the ones who live here are getting more fun and cuter by the day.  Gabby learned to ride her bike without training wheels!

Bart and I took them to a baseball game on Monday night.  The whole thing was really fun.  I taught Gabby about baseball and Carlos got out all his cars to play with.  Soon there were other kids joining him to play with the cars while we watched baseball.






Speaking of Cars, on Thursday we took the kids to see the movie Cars 3.   We told Carlos we were going to see a movie about cars.  He patiently waited through all the previews, and then when the movie started pointed at the screen and said, "CARS!  CARS! CARS!  Bobby!  Bobby!  (he calls Gabby Bobby) -- CARS BOBBY!"

I submitted my first novel to the printer.  Decided to self-publish. Finally concluding that I'm not really going to be a best-selling author and I'm ok with that.   But if YOU want to order one of the first 100, there is still time preorder and get a good deal.   I redid the website this week too, so if you want to see it you can do that while you're ordering your book!

The Bad:  One of my children who will remain nameless was with one of my other kids who will also remain nameless and managed to post on their Snap Chat story them "pretending to snort cocaine."  I found it hilarious.  NOT.

The Ugly:  Two of my children 1,000 miles away from here got in a big fight and drug me into it at 5:30 in the morning this week.  I was really really really mad.   But then it was over... I'm not sure what they think I'm going to be able to do from here.

So that's it... My week....

Always grateful for the good stuff, even it it comes between the bad and the ugly :-)

No comments: