Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Get healthy with me in 2018!

I love a new year. Always have.  A calendar that is nearly empty, a fresh start, all that hope and possibility that things will be different -- that I will be different.

For the first time in my life I actually have a head start on 2018 when it comes to health and fitness.  As you have seen on Facebook, back in October I started a journey towards improving my health.  Weight loss is a bonus, but I want to be stronger.  I want to be able to help Bart more with cleaning, cooking, etc.

But when you can't stand for more than 3 minutes without pain, it's hard to do anything.

So, motivated by a fund-raiser for the amazing organization where I work, I started going to see a personal trainer.  You can read about some of the things that have changed and the food plan I'm following here.

There has been a bi-product of all of this.  I started a Facebook group of the people who are sponsoring me and they have been amazing.   They are so encouraging and so faithful in commenting on my progress or giving me advice.

As we head into 2018 I would love to have you join me.  The group is exclusive -- because they have all sponsored me -- and they would like the group to remain inclusive. But for any donation you can join the group.

And here's the cool part.  I am convinced that those people, because they are awesome.... will support you just like they have me even though they don't know you.  I am so excited about sharing my great cheerleaders with you!

So, come on.  Go here to sponsor me and I'll add you to the group.  Join us.  Post often.  Lets make 2018 the best year ever when it comes to getting healthier!

No comments: