Friday, June 29, 2018

Dream Big or Dream Small?


Are you a big dreamer?  Or do the words "Dream Small" resonate with you?

 1 Corinthians 15:58 says:

With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground. And don’t hold back. Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for Him is a waste of time or effort.

Isn’t that an amazing promise?  We can be CONFIDENT that our “labor in the Lord is not in vain” (if you prefer the King James Version).  

When I first heard the title of the song I’m sharing today, it annoyed me.   “Dream Small” goes against my personality, my way of living life and the way I’ve always been taught.   I’m a big dreamer and live by the motto, “The bigger the mountain, the better the climb.”

But I realized after hearing it a few times that those of us “big dreamers” need to remember to do the small things.  Sometimes we get caught up in all of our big dreaming that we miss out on the folks around us.

A coworker of mine stated this a few months ago and I've kept the quote:  "if could get everyone to understand that “it's not how much we do, but how small we can do, to touch a life and make a difference”  

So for those of you who are really good at the small things that make a huge difference, THANK YOU.  Realize that none of those things are going to be wasted.

And for those of you who, like me, prefer big things, let’s be more mindful of the small things that we could and should be doing that might have a greater impact than the big things.

No comments: