Monday, July 09, 2018

Got Any Giants?


We all have them.   Things that seem insurmountable.   Maybe they aren’t nine feet tall like Goliath with armor that weighs 125 pounds, but they sure can seem like it some times.   Big huge things that stand in the way between us and the things we want or need.  

I have been sharing with you some of my giants and I had another one added to this list this weekend.  My brother in California was back in the hospital after some seizures and it's hard to be so far away from him and so powerless to do anything.   My mom's situation gets more challenging by the day and Bart still can't put weight on his foot and between all that i'm supposed to do I feel a bit overwhelmed.

It seems that the older we get the longer our list of difficult situations become.  Our parents age, our adult children make choices we wish they wouldn’t, we have grandchildren and siblings to worry about.  Our job responsibilities increase and we have so many things to remember just at a time when we don’t remember quite as well.  :-)

So when I heard this new song from Santus Real I immediately loved it — especially the line “face my giants with confidence.”


Whatever giants are in your path, they aren’t too big for God.   We can count on that no matter what!



No comments: