Thursday, June 27, 2019

Barf on a Page (the way I used to blog)


So I have been up for 3 hours and I am just getting to work.  I realized the other day when I was looking at old blog entries that I used to use this as a place to puke out all of my annoyances about life and for some reason people liked that.  So here's my morning so far.

Woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep .... so got up at 5:30.  took me until almost 6:30 to get my morning routine done which annoys me to no end.   Bart had to take a kid 20 minutes to work so he could go in and tell them he wasn't working and the result of that conversation was that Bart got cussed out.

Walked into the kitchen to find that the person who has NO OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES ON THIS EARTH but to do the dishes, chose not to (or forgot to) on a night where I let him go out to dinner with his dad and he had an awesome (fairly expensive meal).  Special kind of stupid to choose to not clean the kitchen on that night of all nights.

Then I was driving to the park to walk with Bart and made a wrong turn and ended up in someone's private driveway at 7 a.m. which I'm sure was not fun for them.... I may or may not have heard dogs barking.

Got to the park and walked with Bart and took a selfie where I literally have 5 chins.  Had no idea a person could have five chins.  Thought there was a limit.

I stopped to buy an ice water after my walk because I at this point in time have 4 water bottles on my desk.  Apparently I can remember to bring water to work but I can't remember to take the bottles home afterwards and it is getting ridiculous.  So I go to pay my 78 cents for the ice water (which is cheaper than the cup, lid and straw it is in) and realize that my "children" have stolen my quarters out of my car again.  The guilty party is either 27 or 23 so I think they are getting a little old for that.   WILL THERE EVER BE A DAY WHEN I CAN LEAVE MY CHANGE SOMEWHERE AND NOT HAVE IT TAKEN???

Forgot my wallet which has the key to my building in it and realized that I also forgot to get the cash I needed to go buy bookshelves tonight which I'm not all that excited about going, but my husband does everything (as he has preached before) so when I am asked to do one thing a decade I try to do it.

Tonight Bart has training to be a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) which I am excited for him about ... but that leaves me home with adult children who will anticipate me buying them something to eat since they know I can't cook even though there is plenty of food they could make for themselves.

AND, you knew this was coming,  I'm behind quite a bit for the fundraising competition that I must win... which you know is driving me crazy.

Whew.   I am now at work and I realize why I used to blog like that.  It kind of feels good to get it all out before I start my day.  A five minutes well spent.

Hope your day started better than mine!



No comments: