Monday, June 10, 2019

Is it ever good to hate?


When is hatred a good thing? When it is anger towards evil and it leads to action or change.

I have often heard that anger is a motivator…. because it can lead to change.  And hating evil is similar.  When we hate something that is evil enough, we will do something about it.

Think for a few minutes about some things that you hate.   Three things that come to my mind are injustice, apathy in the church, and systems that perpetuate poverty.   As you can probably see, there is a correlation between the way that I live my life personally and the way that I have selected a professional path that allow me time and a platform to attempt to change those things.


What about you?  What evil things do you hate?  What are you doing about them?

No comments: