Friday, May 15, 2020

Bitter or Better?


We don’t have control over many of the things that happen to us.  We are certainly learning this during these “Uncertain times".  

But we do have control over a whole lot of things.  

One of the things that helps me in times where life seems out of control is to focus on controlling the things that I can control as opposed to using the circumstances around me as an excuse for not doing what I can.

Here are some things you can control:

What you put in your mouth;
How much exercise you get;
The words that come out of our mouth;
How much you get done;
How you spend your time;
How hard you work;

I could go on and on.  We have control over SO MUCH!

Most importantly, we have control over how we will respond to the things that happen to us.

We can choose to get bitter or get better.   The phrase “post-traumatic growth” has become popular over the last several years and it is what happens when people rise above their own circumstances and are able to resiliently become better as opposed to bitter.

I know I have shared this video before (August of 2016 to be exact)  but it is one of the most moving videos I have ever seen so I want you to see it if you haven’t already.  You really should watch it.  It will be well worth it.  Let me know what you think.

I have watched it so many times and I’m watching it again now.  You should watch it.

No comments: