Tuesday, December 29, 2020

It's All About the Baby


Eleven years ago today our first Grandchild was born. Christmas that year was all about that baby. In fact it led me to write
 this post....

We weren't ready to be grandparents. Our daughter wasn't ready to be a mom. And yet the baby was coming and it was time to celebrate. I tried to wrap my head around all of that by writing this blog post a few days after she was born.


In re-reading that I would like to revisit this eleven years later and say that things are OK. I would not trade Gabby for anything in the world. She is smart, resilient, eager to please and almost always a joy to be around. Salinda is a good mom -- to her now three kids. She doesn't parent like I did ... and sometimes that's a good thing I'm sure. But she is also strong and knows how to advocate for her husband and children. 


While we wouldn't have chosen this path we wouldn't undo Gabby for all the money in the world. And just like I predicted in 2009 .... it's all ok. 


No comments: