Thursday, January 14, 2021

Angry?

 



OK, so I gotta tell you that I started my day a tad bit angry.

It’s a long story and I am tempted to tell you ALL  the details, but I won’t.  It involves an adult son needing a ride and then making we wait way too long because he overslept after he didn't do what he promised to yesterday.  

I have to confess that living with so many adult children has made me quick to anger at times.  I’m a bit embarrassed when I think about God and how he is so very gracious and merciful with me.  He is slow to anger with me….. I need to take a deep breath and remember that next time something happens and I am tempted to respond less than patiently.  

Ok, maybe this is all about me today and all about me needing to hear this.. and maybe you didn’t need to read it, but check out what Psalm 103 says:

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

God is slow to anger.  Since I have been a recipient of that mercy and grace, time for me to pass it on.

No comments: