Friday, January 22, 2021

Just say the name....

Throughout Scripture there are examples of demons leaving people when they are cast out in the name of Jesus.

What does this have to do with us you may ask?  We don’t really see demon possessed folks any more and anyway, it could be that I t was mental illness back then and people just THOUGHT they were possessed.  At least that's a theory we've heard.

The application, though, is that there is power in the name of Jesus.   That when HIS name is spoken, the enemy trembles.

A coworker shared this song with me and I want to share it with you…..

My favorite section says this:

I'll sing the night into the morning
I'll sing the fear into your praise
I'll sing my soul into your presence
Whenever I say Your name
Let the devil know not today

When we speak the name of Jesus, the devil knows he’s losing and we are winning.  In fact, according to the song it sends him into a panic.

So let’s end the work week saying #NotTodaySatan one more time.




No comments: