Saturday, March 06, 2021

The Unlinked Update

 So weekends are times when I just blog like I used to.  I don't link it anywhere and people who care enough to come here intentionally get to find out how we are and what is up.  And, most importantly, how I FEEL about what is up.

So.... work is going full speed ahead.  It's invigorating.  I will spare you those details.

I'm killing it when it comes to my habit challenge.  Today is day 65 of this year and I have a perfect streak going.  I also added two more in February and another 2 in March ... and that kind of stuff makes me feel powerful.   Like I can do about anything I set my mind to do.

We have had a huge hassle with car insurance that has made me incredibly crabby and it's still not over.  Having this many adults in the house, with one of them having a really bad record when it comes to cars, has made it all an unbelievable mess that never ends.  To repeat myself this is making me very crabby.

Yesterday Bart was very discouraged by a presentation he attended about kinship care.  Not because he disagrees with kinship placements, but because adoptive parents and even foster parents seemed to be devalued and almost demonized.  "Imagine the horror of children being dumped into a strangers house."  His personality leans towards stewing .. so we had a night of that last night, but I woke up determined to choose joy.

I finished the book "Ministry in Ordinary Places" and find myself fairly captivated with Shannon Martin's writing and her view of life in the midst of the messy complicated journey.   I could be her friend, I think, except that she's famous enough that everyone could be her friend and she makes people feel that way in her writing.  But she and I have a ton in common so it's too bad she can't meet me :-)

So here we are on a Saturday morning, ready for me to write letters and get a powerpoint done for worship tomorrow.  Hope your Saturday is a great day!

No comments: