Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beyond Consequences, Logic and Control



Yesterday on the plane ride home I read this book in its entirety. I thought there were some very good points made and intend to practice some of his ideas with a couple of my more difficult children.

I had come to the conclusion a few years ago that attempting to control my children through attempting to modify their behavior just simply was not going to work. They were not changing and I was getting more and more controlling and nothing good was coming out of it. So reading the book and discovering that they had arrived at the same conclusion was a relief.

I am not going to go into any more detail about the book, but I definitely think it is an approach worth knowing about and considering. I think you should click above and buy it, read it, and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

I have this book and have never read it. So it sounds like I better give it a chance, huh? I get tired of reading to learn sometimes but it's been awhile. Well now that made me sound ignorant. I don't want to go to school, I might learn me something! Thanks for the input-

Sunny said...

All I remember about this book is that I quit reading it because it bugged me so much. I'd have to dig it out and look through it again, to see what exactly bothered me but I know I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.