Thursday, July 31, 2008

It Works for Us

The way we do things at our house may not be the way anyone else does them. For example, as you know, I'm swamped with work. Everything seems to be picking up lately.

And we've had lots of appointments over the past few days so I have not been able to get anything done.

So today I'm sitting in my office listening to the contented sounds of my children, two extra kids with a third one on the way, and my husband happily serving the children lunch in a nurturing way. I enjoy listening to pleasant sounds in the background.

And I am downstairs eating at my desk, with my husband delivering the sandwich he made for me, along with the yogurt he insists I eat, and a glass of ice water. I'm getting ready to hit my stuffed email box hard now, and I have a couple reports that are way overdue.

I'm sure that there are those who would have negative things to say about this arrangement... but there are also those who have husbands who do these kinds of things and are very grateful... and those who wish they had husbands who did.

Makes me want to burst into a lively and annoying version of "Don't you wish your husband could cook like mine" sung, of course, to the tune of "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me."

Well, dontcha?

1 comment:

Nobody said...

Oh I love that! I don't have to wish, because I am one of the lucky grateful ones that has a husband that brings me sandwiches and yogurt, and takes wonderful care of the fractious children, so that I can do what I do. Which is lots of stuff he would prefer not to do...even thought the male/female role police say it's shameful we have this sort of arrangement. Oh well. Like you say, I suspect they might be jealous.