Friday, July 18, 2008

Long Day Ahead

It's Laundromat day, thanks to sears. And it's shopping with Tony and Dominyk both today because both of them are begging to come and if I leave one home it will be disastrous. Taking them will require every ounce of self control I possess, but I'm going to pretend to be a good parent.

Tony is the most committed provoker I have ever met. He is relentless. And Dominyk is the most reactionary child I know. put those two together and you can imagine how the next several hours are going to go.

it's also Pack Tony for Boy Scout Camp Day. I am going to have to buy him some new clothes, which I hate to do because the other kids see it as a reward and he is the least deserving. But the truth is he really needs them. His PCA is coming to help with the arduous process.

Is it wrong to be glad he's going to camp? He needs the break from us and we from him. He leaves early Sunday morning. After camp he'll spend a week with Bart's mom because she lives close to the camp. And by that time it will be august. ANd then we're only a month away from school starting.

So I'm going to take a deep breath and try to make it through all these loads of laundry and a trip to the store with both these boys along (and Jimmy and Sadie to provide some help and balance). I may just pay Tony and Dominyk to shut up at the laundromat. I know it's not good parenting, but I"m in survival mode.

And somehow in the midst of everything else, my in box has crept back up to 100. SIgh.

3 comments:

Anita said...

What's the going rate to pay kids to shut up? Valuable information I should know! joking, of course!

Claudia said...

Well, it was going to be $1.25.

But they didn't make it.

It helped though. For a while.

Linda B said...

I need to thank you for telling us about Sears. We are in the market for a new washer and dryer and will stay far, far away from them!