Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Parade that Never Ends

We had an OK time at the parade. We were fortunate enough to have friends who have a house on the parade route, so we didn't have to stress about where to sit. And they are really nice people who provide food, drinks and a bathroom to use. And they are even friendly and conversational. ;-)

I teased them today that their yard full of "friends" were really just people who were nice to them all year round so they could have a good spot to watch the parade. It may just be worth it as this parade is a really big deal in our town.

On the way there, Tony and Dominyk were calling cars and I reminded them that we could talk about it all the way to the parade. Immediately Tony, who had just called a Mercedes convertible, said, "It's OK, Dominyk, you can have it." I laughed hard.

Other than the ride there and back, the parade itself was not bad at all. It was actually enjoyable for the most part. Fortunately the weather was perfect. I did take a couple pictures from my phone which I will blog later.

No comments: