Tuesday, August 26, 2008

3 second summations

I thought that this post was very interesting. Heather Armstrong reports that a friend told her that

No matter what horrible thing you're going through, when it's all over it only takes three seconds to sum it up. Remember that."
.

She had her list of things and I thought I would look back and do 3 second summations a few bad things from the last year.

Our washing machine broke. It was broken for two months. We have a new one now. Sears sucks.

Salinda broke the law. She violated her probation many times. She hasn't for a week now.

Mike moved in and moved out. He stole a bunch of our stuff. We had to get a restraining order. He's in jail now.

Dominyk had a pop obsession. It consumed hours of every day for a whole year. It still does.

Rand had a job. He lost it. He had another job. He lost it. He tried college. That didn't go so well. He has a job now. He's not going back to school.

But really, looking back, has it been that bad of a year? Maybe it has been, but maybe not. But as pointed out, all the bad stuff can be summed up in 3 seconds.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I just went through my 3 second summations for the past year and I feel so much better. Now it is time to move on. Thanks Claudia.

obladi oblada said...

OOh, I dont know about the three second thing, but Sears, DOES suck.