Thursday, August 07, 2008

Day Four and I feel Amazing

Was going to sleep in this morning, but woke up at 5:10 raring to go. Did the YMCA workout, returned home, showered at at the computer by 6:50. Worked on book stuff for an hour, which sort of crept into an hour and a half but I'm making myself stop now. It's easy to get sucked into something I'm motivated about and not get other things done.

I've got two work-related projects that have to have attention today. I'm going to attempt to get both of those done. One of them has been hanging over my head for weeks and I just need to buckle down and finish it.

Things are buzzing right along here.... Bart, Salinda, Mercedes and Ricardo are heading to visit John at his group home. He is going to be returning to public school as a senior and playing football, so we agreed to buy him some cleats and pay for his expenses for the sport. So far he is hanging in there, which is great news. He's been 18 for a few weeks now and now has a job. He is not talking about leaving the group home any more, which is very good news.

My biggest fear is what will happen when he starts to interract with his peers. They have historically been his downfall. But I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

So I'm off to finish that project. Maybe posting about it here will keep me accountable to get it done!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Wow Claudia, you're inspirational! Yay! Go day 4!

LindaJean said...

Hey, great job! I am very impressed... you are making me feel guilty ;)