Sunday, August 17, 2008

Well, If you've been hoping for Drama...

By the time I went to bed last it was very apparent that Salinda had taken off with a guy who may be 18 and was not school shopping, even though she had money with her to do so that came from me. That will affect her later if she spends it on other things...

She must want to get caught or something because one phone call yesterday could have bought her more time. But she still isn't home.

She was on a streak -- almost three weeks of doing what she needed to do -- tennis was going well, she was finally out of debt after over 10 months, she was getting along well with everyone.... and now this.

After church I am going to have to go down to the police station yet again and file a police report. I'm going to venture into nasty territory and start asking questions about statutory rape and pressing charges. And after I have a conversation with Sadie who may have been hurt or threatened on Friday night about the whole deal while we were sleeping (just found out last night about all this), we may be forced to ask her to report that.

I could not go to sleep last night. I was so stressed out. Laid there until nearly 11:30 and then woke again at 1:45, staying awake until almost three going over all the scenarios in my head, trying to figure out the best thing to do. Finally fell back asleep, only to awaken again too early.

Bart has to be gone tonight -- seems timing always works out that way.

I'm heading up now to wake up Sadie and try to get details from her before everyone else is up. I really would prefer not to live this day.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh Honey, I DO feel your pain and I'd hug your stoic midwestern self if I were there, whether you wanted me to or not. It's just what we overly-emotional Southerners do, we hug when we can't think of a better option.