Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finishing the Days Away

Decided that I'd get plenty of exercise walking through three airports today (Detroit, Atlanta, and Chicago) so I didn't get up and go to the little fitness center. Besides, there those skinny little treadmill hogs that might take up the machines so that I would end up having to ride the very uncomfortable exercise bike again while I glanced over at their timers obsessively for 40 minutes. Not my definition of a good time.

last night I dreamed that I was visiting Heather Armstrong of Dooce fame and we were touring her house. I think the whole family was spending the night with Heather, her husband John and their daughter Leah -- it was a nice house and I recognized several parts of it because I've seen them on the blog.

Now mind you, Heather isn't a friend of mine IRL (in real life). In fact, I only know her, as do thousands of others in our country, as the person she portrays on her blog. And I know way to much about her dogs. She is not exactly my moral compass... but her writing is hilarious and they have a fairly normal life compared to ours. So in this dream, when Jon was trying to drive us all around in a 15 passenger van, he was a bit frustrated. First of all, we all had a very hard time getting showered in the one bathroom they allowed us to use, so we were late leaving and then whenever we tried to pick up kids to go, they had a friend with them, or they weren't where they were supposed to be at the right time. So by the end of my dream, Jon was pretty frustrated.

Why did I just tell you that? I have no idea. I guess when you spend your evening in a hotel room watching someone else flip through channels (yes, Angela, I don't get enough of the Suite Life of Zach and Cody at home, so could we please watch it???) while you do your email, there isn't a whole lot to report.

We're off to meet the limo-that-really-isn't-a-limo driver in about 20 minutes and then I'll begin a 12 hour and 15 minute journey from my hotel to my home.

Looking forward to seeing my family and my wonderful husband who did a great job of holding everything together during a tough weekend with lots of extra activities.... It will be great to see him.

1 comment:

LindaJean said...

Have a great trip home :) I am like you when I am away for a bit, new perspective, recharged and so anxious to see my family again...
I am usually full of ideas for family/home improvement... it is implementing them once I get home that usually bogs me down!