Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Focusing on the Relationship

Salinda and I had a rip roaring text argument for a while this afternoon. But I concluded it by saying maybe we needed to spend some time together.

Surprisingly, she agreed after tennis and I took her out to supper. I had already eaten, but we had a very good and long conversation -- over an hour -- about all kinds of things. She appeared to be very honest and open with me and accepted her consequences without argument.

There are so many nuances to her whole story that I haven't shared here and I can't possibly explain them all, but it appears that maybe she wasn't lying to me this weekend after all. I have a lot of thinking to do, but right now I think the best thing for me to do is wait for her to make choices... and hopefully they'll be the right ones. I cannot make them for her.

And so we head for another ride around the teen attachment cycle. And just as with an infant, this is my favorite part. The anger has been expressed, the child is comforted and we're all at peace.

1 comment:

A said...

There's always more to the story that can't be told, and those are always the details you wish you could so that everything makes sense. :) I think it's awesome you ladies had an evening together. I hope there is more bonding time in your future and that it works wonders!