Monday, October 27, 2008

The Beginning of Another Work Week

Up at 4:55 this morning and off to the YMCA to weigh in . Then back home to shower and get ready for the day.

I came home from taking the kids to school and found an two-page typed essay in my door with a note from Salinda saying that she had chosen to write about me because she ran out of time. She wrote two pages all about me called, "Whom I Admire." Her theseis was that I was strong, intelligent, and outgoing.

Her concluding paragraph says,

I guess I'm super lucky to have a mom that is strong, intelligent, and outgoing. Even though at times she can be embarrassing. I'm sure many people admire her, but especially me. Overall my mom couldn't be a better person.


yes, in case you're wondering, I did cry. Of course I did. Rewards like this are so few that when they come they are often overwhelming.

What a great start to the day.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Claudia, of course you cried. That was a precious gift. Frame it and hang it somewhere you'll see it all the time. Of course I cried too!

A said...

I would still be crying :) That is the coolest thing I've read today.

nancy said...

Wow. That's all I can say. Just goes to show you how bright Salinda is! And it also proves once again that kids really, truly do want the security of boundaries, even though they buck against them. Keep on doing whatever you're doing, because it makes you very admirable. OK, so we're all a little embarrassing to our kids sometimes. That's when we're doing our job right, huh?
Love your wonderful gift!