Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Yesterday

Remember the song from Annie where she and Daddy Warbucks are signing a duet and she sings, "Yesterday was plain awful," and he sings, "You can say that again!" and she sings, "Yesterday was plain awful, but that, was then."

Well, maybe not, but I remember it and there were about 3 hours yesterday where I was closer to pulling out every single one of my now suddenly greying hairs...

Tony and Dominyk were beyond horrible for some reason. They were hyper, would not go outside, were not going to do anything I suggested, and were fighting constantly. I was trying to get work done, which was obviously a mistake on my part.... because it wasn't going to happen. I should have just quit trying but I kept hoping that they were going to settle down....

They never did. Finally, after supper, everything calmed down and I was able to keep working for a while, but for those few hours I was really wondering if I was going to make it.....

Here's hoping that, just like Little Orphan Annie predicted, the sun will come up today. It hasn't yet, but I'm pretty sure it's going to.

No comments: