Saturday, May 30, 2009

Annoyed

Husbands are supposed to take care of their wives when they get them pregnant. That's how it's supposed to go. When they are crabby and demanding and having cravings, they are supposed to be the ones who have to run to the store and placate them. After all, it was their few minutes of pleasure that caused it.

I didn't have a few minutes of pleasure in regards to this situation. And so as I attempt to be as kind as possible while the hormones on steroids whirl around me in a level unprecidented, I can't help but feel a touch of resentment. It's difficult not to.

But I'll blog it and then get past it and hopefully just keep on moving on......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having gone through 4 pregnancies of my own, I can tell you that pregnancy in and of itself is not an excuse to treat one's mother badly. Weepy? Sometimes. Nauseous? Frequently. Moody? Certainly. But as far as I can remember, there is no nastiness hormone that comes with the deal. It must be a really odd place to find yourself. She still needs a parent even though she's chosen to take on adult responsibilities.

Please don't be afraid to continue to demand the respect you are owed. It absolutely won't hurt the baby.

You're in my prayers!

FosterAbba said...

I second Iskimberly's viewpoint.

Furthermore, if she's being nasty, she can figure out a way to get to the store her own darn self.

No car? No money? Too bad. I guess that would be the consequence of getting pregnant outside of marriage.

I'm sorry you are going through this.