Saturday, May 09, 2009

Finally Sitting Down to Blog

I am finally sitting down and blogging after being gone all day. We were out the door by 8:15 -- drove to Ricky's first soccer game, watched it, had some quick lunch, saw a movie, watched his second game, drove home, stopping to get supper on the way. RIcardo was one of the children who chose to go on this trip (yes, that was said tongue in cheek, and I know he has to go if it's his game). Leon, Sadie and Dominyk also chose to come along and other than a couple of tense moments with Dominyk we had a good day.

Ricardo played goalie, which I don't like -- very stressful -- but he did fairly well. I have tons of pictures, but I don't have the doohicky thing to upload them and it's downstairs and I"m too lazy to go get it. I'll try to do that tomorrow night....

Got home around 7:30 and now we're trying to organize tomorrow. Two church services, two games, two vehicles, 11 people all heading up to watch and have a late dinner for Mother's Day. When we are together, especially to celebrate something, we don't often have a good time, but there's always a first time for everything.

I saw a movie today -- Almost 17 -- that had a plot I like -- the one where someone has a chance to do it over again. And I realized that if I had a choice, I'd do it again. I guess I can't imagine my life without any of these kids..... and certainly not without the man that I love -- the one who has put up with me for nearly 13 years.

And maybe Mother's Day will be a nice one after all..... I guess we can always home anyway.

No comments: