Sunday, May 17, 2009

Up Way Too Early

It's Sunday morning and we have a long day ahead of us. First there is All Music Sunday at church afterwhich I am going to be recruiting volunteers for our Sunday evening worship in the park this summer. The whole morning will involve a lot of emotoinal energy that I'm not sure I have.

This afternoon I have promised that we will grocery shop for meals this week as Bart is leaving town tonight for a week. Since the kids and i will be responsible for all the cooking, I promised to take those most involved in that endeavor with me to get groceries. By 3;15 we need to leave for a soccer game with Ricardo two hours from here and then take Bart to the hotel. We will need to take our most disruptive children with us so that they won't be left here to kill each other.

Although, I must post that last night Bart and I were able to sneak away for a very nice meal and a chance to talk. The topics were not pleasant ones, but we needed to plow through the "what are we going to do nexts" of several situations. Our kids did great while we were gone. The fact that Tony slept through our absence helped.

So, we will drive to the game, take Bart to the hotel, and then drive back home in time for bed. Supposedly Salinda will be returning tonight. She has a doctor's appointment in the morning, so she needs to be home.

I need energy for all this but I woke up at 5:30 and the thoughts began to churn in my head over and over again. Since we were up talking until 12:30, I only got 5 hours of sleep. I need more than that.

But I can't go back to sleep and the day lies ahead of me. This is my day today... and I'll get through it somehow. I've had much worse. LIke .... two days ago?

No comments: