Tuesday, May 05, 2009

What it's about

I have gotten hooked on the Biggest Loser this season. I have been totally sucked in by the drama of it all but have been puzzled as to how we can make this entertainment.

But tonight when each of them completed the marathon I figured out why we get addicted. It's about being part of something where people conquer themselves.

I get to be a part of that every day with my job -- watching ordinary people do extraordinary things -- parenting very tough kids with grace, patience, and commitment. They overcome themselves in the same way that someone finds what they need inside them to exercise and lose weight.

Whenever I am able to control my exercise and food intake, I feel much better about the day, about my life, my kids my jobs.... it's a feeling of empowerment.

I want to give my kids some success. I want to model it for them. I want them to get addicted to success the way that the biggest losers are.......

And maybe that's why people love the show. We look at normal average people doing extraordinary things as they build on their success.

And then we think -- I can too.

And I can. And so can you.

No comments: