Saturday, June 06, 2009

Soccer and Graduation

Ricky has a tournament today and Salinda's boyfriend, Henry, has a graduation party. So I'm leaving for a 12 hour trip in about 15 minutes.

I woke up from a dream where I was furious because I was 1/2 hour late leaving on this same trip but I had been told my only transportation was a pickup and that everyone had decided to bring a friend and it was raining. SO, not to mention the fact that we in the north have laws about people in the back of pickup trucks, I had no idea how I was going to keep all these people dry and hidden. The thing that was making me maddest was that I discovered that one of the boys' friends' girlfriends needed to come with and she had apparently been at the house all weekend and nobody had bothered to tell me.

So I woke up to find that part of the scenario was true. I'm taking 2 extra friends and it is raining. However, I have the van, and the total number of people going is five teenagers, not 15.

Between games we'll head to the mall to buy graduation gifts and as I mentioned, it will be twelve hours before I return home. Bart has done way too much travelling this week so he will remain home with the four who are not going. Time to head out....

1 comment:

Corrine said...

No rest for the weary....