Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tired but Fulfilled

I left the hotel at 7:30 this morning. I just got back at 6:45 tonight. I spent from 7:30 to 9 and from 4:30 to 6 in traffic. Fortunately, Bart came along and did the driving.

The presentation today was a lot of fun. The audience, though smaller than I had anticipated, was following me and quite engaged. It was a joy to interact with them and, as always, I learned some things along the way. It was fun to meet someone I had been emailing for 5 years and to see another person that I hadn't seen in years. I also may have another opportunity to come back, which is always great to hear.

I'm not a fancy person, not pretentious, certainly not perfect in any way, but I think I'm real, and for some reasons people respond to real. And it is a joy to connect with workers who truly are committed to the idea that children grow up better in families and are committed to finding the best ways to make sure placements are successful.

So though today was a long busy day and I'm really tired, it was worth it. Now I just have to keep myself awake to do all the things that I'd like to do before I got to sleep...

No comments: