Sunday, June 14, 2009

Who Wants a Llama?


Let's see.... 4 years x 52 minus a few, I've probably blogged almost 200 Sunday mornings since I started my blog in 2005. And the majority of the posts are most likely similar. I'm getting kids up for church, helping find lost items, offering encouragement, etc. as we prepare for our morning of worship. When the children were smaller it was really a marathon -- Bart always leaves about 45 minutes or more before we do. He always has to go. Reminds me of this story:

A mother woke her son up on Sunday morning and told him he needed to get ready to go to church. The son replied to his mother that he didn't want to go to church this morning. She told him nonsense he should get up and go to church.

"But mom" he replied, "Everybody hates me, the sermons are boring and none of my friends ever come."

His mother replied, "Now, son...! First, everybody doesn't hate you, only a couple of bullies and you just have to stand up to them. Second, the sermons mean a lot to many people. If you listened to them, you'd be surprised at how good they are in helping people. Third, you have lots of friends at church. They are always having you over to their house. And finally, you have to go, you're the pastor!!"


Anyway, he leaves early and it's my job to get everyone else there. It's not always an easy task, though lately it isn't hard at all with mostly teenagers and this summer and only one who is consistently oppositional. So I feel like I'm on vacation.

We have a couple guests over so I am going to have to make two trips this morning.

I have been meaning to tell you a story for a couple of days. Wilson is heading with a friend with his to the Boundary Waters for a canoe trip this week and I said, "Aren't you going to miss your mama?"

He said, "Nope. If you can go canooing, who wants a mama?"

I feigned being quite hurt to which he quickly came back with, "I didn't say mama. I said llama. Who wants a llama? They spit at you!"

No comments: