Saturday, September 26, 2009

You Can't Beat This

Today I got to sit and/or stand in front of a wonderful group of people, some that I had known for several years, and talk. For a long time And listen back. And talk some more. And I even got paid.

You can't beat that.

I got to meet a couple who were my first AAN match 7 years ago. I had never met me in person. And then I got to meet Linda for the first time after talking to her on the phone and via email and through blogs for years and years. I got to hug her! It was awesome.

And I met several of who whose names I did not recognize, but now they are falling in to place. Blog readers who have already bought my book.

And I also saw the social worker who placed our first teenage foster son with us (Joe in the book) and who we hadn't seen for 12 years. It was so great to see her again.

Some days I just feel blessed. And this morning, at the end of that conference, I felt blessed.

And then I came home. But I'll leave that for another post.

No comments: