Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Up and At Em

Well, I am. The others are up and coming at me. Not physically of course, but a couple of them with a barrage of hateful words in tones that are unpleasant early in the morning. Sometimes you gotta wonder what kind of parents we are when the kids we have had the longest are the most difficult. I suppose some would conclude it was our parenting, but mental health issues and genetics do not go away no matter how long a child lives with you.

Today I'm finishing up several things and then heading to Oklahoma where I will be attending the 100th Homecoming Celebration of my alma mater, Bartlesville Wesleyan College, which is now Oklahoma Wesleyan University

It has taken me 3 hours to get this post done, distracted by a zillion and one things. I'm looking forward to lots of uninterrupted time with Sadie.

I am having coffee with Kari and then I think lunch with Sue, shopping a bit with Bart, attending a court hearing, talking to one of my supervisors by phone and then heading out at 4........

More tonight from the hotel in Des Moines .... if I am still awake by then.

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Two of my sisters live with their families in Des Moines. You must be driving to Oklahoma...

Angela :-)