Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Alive


I wasn't on the computer much the past few days. Working hard and then having fun with my coworkers and friends. Met some new wonderful people and had fun with the old. Good times were had by all, I think, and even though i was worn out, it was great (and no, that is not my beer).

Tony and I arrived home today at 1:15 and immediately I started helping out around the house. I have been gone so much -- 12 of the last 29 days, that I felt like I really needed to help Bart out. That's not to say he hasn't been amazing without me -- he has, but I wanted him to relax (in the midst of preparing a feast for 20 for supper (the other Fs (Kari, Mike, and 3 kids) and a few extra of the kids' friends.

So after I cleaned Dominyk and WIlson's room with their "cooperation", I put away clothes and matched socks. Hours later our company arrived for dinner and we had pork tenderloin, twice baked potatos, three different vegetables, and two kinds of desert made by Kari. Fun times.

However, we had not all been together in a very long time and the kids were so hyper. We pretty much sat and looked at each other, shaking our heads at how awful our children were behaving. Now THAT's entertainment.

I'm tired, still have a cough, and reallly wish it was bedtime.

BUT -- I get to be home for a whole week. Maybe i'll actually get back into the swing of things when it comes to blogging. Let's all hope so.

No comments: