Thursday, November 05, 2009

OK, so get this ... my head is just shaking back and forth

so I come home this afternoon and I am heading downstairs. And Mr. Unemployed 21 year old says, knowing that I am going to walk through it, "I cleaned the laundry room."

Except that he didn't. At all. It was not at all cleaned. It looked not better but worse than it did when I left the house.

I'm just so confused as to why he would go out of his way to tell me he did something as I was heading there to look at it. He volunteered the information. I didn't even ask him if he did it.

Sometimes living with FASD is beyond frustrating. Just makes me crazy. Seriously.

3 comments:

Marge said...

Hey Claudia! Guess what? It doesn't get any better, either! I just today signed the paperwork to cosign for someone's apartment, which means PAY FOR IT if she doesn't, and she is 40 years old!

AdoptiveMomma said...

FASD is not the only path to such crazy lying, unfortunately - so is RAD. Which means we live with it.

Miz Kizzle said...

Tell him that somebody must have gone into the laundry room and messed it up after he cleaned it. Act surprised. Ask him if he saw any suspicious characters lurking around who may have done such a dastardly deed. Then tell him to go in there and clean the room again while you stand guard.
Or, if you owe him any money for chores that actually were done, or if you were supposed to purchase something for him tell him you did it. If he complains sulk and. insist that you really did what you promised. Sometimes turnaround works.