Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Too Much Griping

Considering it's Thanksgiving, I've been doing way too much griping on this blog. Probably a combination of my recent health issue, a packed schedule, and exhaustion have led me to this sniveling whining pathetic conclusion. I'm actually needing a good kick in the butt and no thanks, not from you. I'll give it to myself and get it in gear.

I know that I have a zillion and one things to be thankful for. All of our kids are probably at a better spot than they have ever been. They are daily making progress though for some of them it's slow.

I have jobs that motivate me working with people that I love. They love me to. Grant it is because they only see me sporadically and the rest of our contact is online, but still, they love me. And I am passionate about the mission of the organizations I work for.

I have a husband who is beyond compare. He makes me laugh, supports me in everything I do, and challenges me. Last night in bed he was explaining to me why I was porcine. Most people don't even know what that means as it is pronounced poor sign, but he cracks me up even when it sounds like he is insulting me.

I have great friends -- friends I spend time with now and ones I've known for decades.

And I have a God who is so big that none of my problems even phase Him.

Why do I even think about complaining?

1 comment:

Miz Kizzle said...

Wait a minute. Your husband called you porcine? Lupine and ursine are marginally okay but porcine is not a very polite description for one's dear wife. Neither is bovine. Or equine.