Friday, December 18, 2009

It's nice when things work out for a few minutes...

I'm in St. Paul. I dropped Bart off at his training and drove straight down one street to a Dunn Brothers I found on my Iphone Map program. There was a parking space for free, almost in downtown, right in front of the coffee shop and they were willing to brew some decaf tea for me and then ice it. So I'm sitting by a window, internet working wonderfully, sipping on some delicious decaf earl grey and feeling quite good.

Bart and I had a fairly good morning. It started off shaky as the car door wouldn't shut, but we took the van and went to the mall. Got a fair amount of shopping done though (and no details in case some of my kids are doing some blog snooping). We had a delicious lunch together and then I dropped him off.

Sometimes it's hard to find a topic for us to discuss that won't lead to something unpleasant so we talked less than usual, but it was ok. It was fun just to be together. Tonight we have yet another Christmas concert for Sadie that we have to be back for, but the weekend is fairly free. Feeling good at the moment....

No comments: