Thursday, January 28, 2010

Attention Deficit Disorder


Kids minds are funny. Last night Dominyk was doing what Dominyk does -- for about an hour. Talking nonsense incessantly, repeating that he was bored, making a gun with his fingers and shooting me over and over again, and asking the same question over and over again. Finally I asked, "Dominyk what do you want me to do?"

ANd he said

I kid you not -- he came up with this all on his own, and of course we later explained his misunderstanding of the term --

but he said

"Mom, you have to give me more attention! You KNOW I have Attention Deficit Disorder!"

6 comments:

~Dinah said...

HA!

nancy said...

So THAT'S what I should have done!!
My son was like that and either drove us nuts or had us laughing hysterically.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie. A maddening cutie, I'm sure...but a cutie nonetheless :)

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Now that's funny!

nancy said...

Oh my goodness. For a moment, I thought someone had bedazzled him! I see it's only water...or sweat from how hard a fellow has to work around there for a little attention.
Nancy in Iowa

Miz Kizzle said...

At least he has plenty of hair gel. I don't see how pretending to shoot you would make you want to pay attention to him. It would make me want to lock myself in my bedroom with earplugs on, a good book and an adult beverage.