Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year

Come on now, can a New Year really begin on a Friday? Of course not. New things always begin on Mondays. And so this is my official New Year. I am not going to make a bunch of resolutions this year as I am finding that lately I have big plans that just don't work out right, but I am trying to find a way to reschedule my day that will be productive and beneficial.

My original plan was to wake up at 5, work until 7, get the kids up and off to school and then go to the Y after I dropped them off. However, this morning John needs a ride to an appointment so I am going to have Rand drop me off at my office and then work. But I was up at 5.

Unfortunately, when I know I'm getting up early for the first time I am restless the night before. I toss and turn and plan my next moves and don't sleep much. But I did it and I'm awake.

It is my goal to spend the first hour of my morning blogging and writing -- and hopefully be able to concentrate more. In addition, I would like to revise my goals each day and work on them. For a while I was doing this and it was very helpful to me.

As things progress I am hoping to add some other good habits. But for now I"m just happy to be up. That's the first step.

No comments: