Thursday, January 07, 2010
Some tidbits from today..... or My life is not Normal
* A stack of books, a Bible on top, was planted right in front of the downstairs toilet this morning.... it looked more like a stepping stool than reading material...
* Last night Dominyk slept with me. He decided he liked the way the word photosynthesis sounded. And so he said it. About 231 times in different voices with different accents and different emphases.
* An after school snack has to be eaten at 1:00 even if you have lunch at noon even if school is usually out at 3:00 and today is out at 12:30.
* I am the reason that Dominyk can't stop crying... the reason his nose is plugged.... the reason his stomach hurts....the reason his nose is plugged....the reason he can't breathe.
* I am mean because the things that are requested of me that are never allowed are still not being allowed even though there is no school this afternoon.
* There are more blankets in the living room than there are in anyone's bedroom.
* Fires are started here (in the fireplace fortunately) even though everyone claims to not have a lighter.
* A change in routine means a lot more than minor discomfort.
* I am never ever nice to Dominyk. If I were nicer he wouldn't cry all the time like he does. He asked me why I was never nice. I told him it's not my nature.
* I am at a loss as to how to answer the question, "Why do you have to be so mean to me? I have never done ANYTHING to you, but you are always so mean to me."
* Tony made brownies without permission last night. Dominyk had 8 brownies without permission last night. He has a stomach ache today but it is "horrible parenting" that I can't make his stomach feel better. His stomach hurts. and I quote. It hurts. It hurts. It huuuuuurts. It hurts very badly. It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurts. It hurts Mom, very very very badly.
I think you're getting the picture....