Saturday, February 13, 2010

Still in the Hospital Saturday Morning (typed by Claudia)

I'm still here. Long night between chills and sweating but I made it to morning. My INR is at 2.5 which is good enough to go home, but the doctor hasn't stopped by yet to say I can do so. My lungs aren't very clear and the high blood pressure and fever is concerning a few of the nurses. I really think the hospital is making me sick ;-). I know i'd feel much better if could just be in my own bed.

Yesterday John got permission to skip school to come see me even though he could have come after school just as easy. He decided that was the moment when he should bring his girlfriend's dad to meet me -- me in a hospital gown looking pretty wretched.

This morning Mike requested furlough from jail to come see me. It is nice to see him but he was only here 25 minutes before he was asking Bart to go down to the cafeteria and buy him breakfast. They just left but he will be back. He has a 3 hour furlough.

No word at all from Salinda about Gabby. I'm not sure if she is not texting me back because she is angry with me or because she is sleeping or busy.

Breaking news: THe doctor just stopped by and said that she has one more doctor to talk to and then she can clear me to go home. I'm so relieved. I really need to get out of here.

Thanks to all of you for your comments, thoughts, and prayers. I still have a long road ahead of me as they attempt to discover why the clot appeared in the first place, but at least from now on it will be on an outpatient basis.

I'm going to have to force myself to take things slowly...... not an easy thing for me to do. But I"m determined to be healthy. Hopefully I"ll be blogging from home soon!


Marge said...

Glad you get to go home, but worried that you'll want to start working 12 hours a day. You need to take it really slow and really easy, and by all means, you need to find out why. What caused the clots. And then you need to fix that.

So, now we concentrate on prayers for Gabby.


FAScinated said...

I'm glad you get to go home! Now you can recover in peace. Um. Well, at least you can recover surrounded by familiar noise.

Dirk is going to be devastated. said...

just an fyi, my mom and daughter are both on warfarin (sp) the generic version (all that their insurance would cover) and have had a hard time keeping a consistent INR vs with the coumidin. The other thing that they have both found is that exercise changes, running around alot for a couple days and then vegging for a couple etc changes their levels and my mom found that eating fresh vegies especially tomatoes when in season and then not when season's over changes hers. I hope they figure it out soon for you, giving blood so often while they find your normal lifestyle dosage for therapeutic range was a real pain for them. I'm glad to see that you will be going home, but maybe after a couple days of dealing with fallout you might wish you were back in :) jk