Saturday, March 27, 2010

The first day with 11 kids here, no wait, 10, no 9, no 10....., no 11...

you think I'm exagerrating? Well here is how it went.

First all 11 were going to be here. Then John was spending the night somehwere else. Then Mike was. Then Sadie was having a friend over. Then Salinda was having a friend over. Then apparently John ended up coming home in the night, and MIke early this morning, and then even Salinda's boyfriend arrived before I was out of the shower and suddenly I think were 14 kids here, plus the baby, until Wilson left to help the cub scouts collect food and Mike went to work and....

Just keeping track of who is here, not to mention shower schedules, etc. is going to be wild. And there certainly won't be enough hot water to go around.

Thanks to a few of you who have sent some ideas about rules, I came up with a list for each. Even though Salinda is only 17, I'm going to allow her to have the option of being on the "adult" side since she is already a parent.

I'm making it clear that I cannot control people ... especially adults... and how their willingness to comply with the rules isn't going to get them kicked out -- but will certainly change my feelings towards them.

Managing my own stress is going to just be about all I can handle it seems. At least for today.


3 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

I am confused just reading about it! I am interested to hear how the adult rules work out, especially with htose who are on the edge 17/18/19

Tracy said...

do you mind sharing those rules Claudia? I could use some of that same info in dealing with my household.

GB's Mom said...

I agree with J. -I want to see what works for you. Good Luck!