Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

Salinda called last night and is ready to come home. She got back from Texas safely on Tuesday and would like me to get her today. Well, at least last night she said that. Who knows if she will still feel that way in a few hours when it's time for me to leave.

*********

I have been enjoying spending time with the women in my son's lives. I genuinely like Kyle, Mike, John and Leon's girlfriends. I don't get to see Kyle's fiance very often, but the last couple weeks I've been able to spend time with the other three. I enjoy the role -- not a lot of pressure -- and while it makes John, Kyle, and Mike a little nervous, Mike and John are glad I know them. Leon's got no issues at all with me spending time with his girlfriend -- I'm even her confirmation mentor.

*********

Today was the fourth day I was at the Y with Kari, a great way to start the day. Can't say that I'm having great workouts, but getting up early and getting going is a good way to face things.

*********

I'm taking Dominyk and Tony to therapy today and I need to schedule a complete psych eval for both of them. Their behaviors seem to be worse than ever. Dominyk's rages are increasing in their intensity and Tony is beyond oppositional. Both boys probably need residential treatment, but with the economy the way it is, there is no way they would get the spots that are reserved for the much more mentally ill. At least they aren't a serious threat to themselves or others, though their behaviors really are annoying and disruptive to the family. In reading Cindy's blog, if she can't get a couple of her kids into a residential setting or institution, there is no way I'll be able to get these boys in. And so we endure.

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe what just happened. Bart forgot that Tony and Dominyk had therapy and I was sitting in here basking in the joy of a morning without their shenanigans (I was going to let them sleep another hour) and he WOKE THEM UP. He said he was trying to be nice and forgot. I suppose I should believe him. Sigh.

*********

Yesterday something happened to me that never has before in all of my 46 years. Bart and I were out with Mike's girlfriend's parents (even though they aren't supposed to be boyfriend and girlfriend but that's another story) and I went to the bathroom. I passed a woman who was standing at the sink on my way into the stall and sat down to do my business. She left the bathroom and flipped off the light and suddenly I was plunged into complete darkness. Had I not had my Iphone i'm not sure I could have gotten out safely -- I literally could not see my hand in front of my face.....
*********

Wilson tells me that I am warmer than Bart because I'm fatter. He pointed out that this is a compliment.

*********

My computer sounds like a jet taking off. I should get it fixed. But I can't go without my computer long enough.

**********

I'm going to stop before I get boring.









2 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

I had no idea that an iphone could provide enough light... poor you.

Angela :-) said...

So many things to comment on, but I'll limit myself to one. Could it be the weather? Global warming? Climate change? Something? Thomas is so much worse behaviorally, as well. I told Dennis last night, I think he's crossing over from ODD to Conduct Disorder. I'm afraid we have no options, but to live with it...

Angela :-)