Monday, March 01, 2010

Slowly But Surely and So Far So Good

We had a really good morning at my house this morning. For some reason the kids were unusually cooperative and calm. I had taken several hours to slowly pack last night and this morning everything was ready to go.

I took the kids to school, went to the doctor, was cleared to fly and made it to the airport. Feeling surprisingly less compromised than in days passed, I decided not to ask for wheelchair assistance, and this has proved, so far, to be a good choice. I am at the business center that is 10 gates away from my gate, and I've made it through security and walked this far. Looks like I'll make it. I am having to take things very slowly and rest often, but so far so good.

I do have a middle seat, which will make the people on both sides of me very unhappy and the doctor wants me to get up and walk around every hour.... but compared to the bus this can't be bad. I'm also going to read "the Shack" on this trip... something I've been wanting to do for a while.

I am learning that I really must take things very slowly.... reserving my emotional energy. This isn't typical for me, as you know, but I"m disciplining myself to do it. That is the one thing that I never counted on -- having so little emotional energy and having to conserve it.

We had a relatively drama free day yesterday..... other than a strange conversation with Salinda. I may blog more about that later.

For now I'm going to pack up and head to the gate. The flight is four hours..... But again, compared to the bus trip.... nothing.....

No comments: