Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 Hours...

of sleep really can't hurt. I needed it as it has been an exhausting week. I actually was in bed by 8 here, which is 10 at home and slept until 6. It felt good.

Busy day today -- presenting all day and then having dinner with some very fun people from out here who work for DSHS in adoption and an adoptive parent they want me to meet. They have selected a great seafood and steakhouse for our meal that even has a shuttle....

If you've ever been to Seattle you know how hilly it is. I am finding it strange to not be able to see what's around the bend. I'm at an out of the way place tucked under an interstate and from here it looks like there is nothing for miles around because of the trees and hills. But I discovered last night that I'm less than a mile from a huge mall and a very busy street. Not that I'm going to the mall. Get real people. How un-me is that?

I am very energized by what I am doing this week. I love spending time with workers and helping them get motivated to match children. I enjoy the interaction with the group, watching them re-energize, eating meals with them, and trying to thoroughly understand the other side.

It's gonna be a great day.....

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Glad you are enjoying your week!

cloudmaster said...

I went from Eastern to Pacific time zone for 4 days last week. I am still recovering! Enjoy your time in Seattle