Friday, May 14, 2010

Another Good Day

Well, it didn't start out great. I typed the wrong address into my Iphone and ended up in a seedy part of town on a dead end road. Ended up getting there 5 minutes after it started.... my voice is almost gone, my ankles are the side of most people's thighs, and I'm tired, but it as a great day of presenting to social workers.

Tomorrow I fly back home and things seem fine there.

I have heard a lot of horror stories this week. A lot of things that make me cringe and wonder how I can possibly work in such a flawed system. But I have also seen glimpses of hope as well that things are changing and improving and that we are making progress.

I will be glad to be home for a while. I"m tired, I miss my kids and especially my husband, and I just want to sleep in my own bed. Plus, I'm so far behind with regular work that I have been working each night trying to catch up.

But, if one more kid gets home because of this trip, it will all be worth it!

No comments: