Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dinner Out



It seems to work pretty well for me to pretend i'm still in MN, though last night I didn't fall asleep until 11:15 MN time. Probably because I was still eating supper at 8:45 MN time.

My day of training was great. A good audience -- enthusiastic and engaged, smart and most of them getting my sense of humor. Some good connections for the future and more people motivated to find permanency for kids.

And then a few of the people from around here invited me to an amazing restaurant for dinner where I had the view from my chair that is shown in the poor picture above and the delicious seafood pasta that is shown as well. Christie, who founded this organization is also a mother of twelve and one of her daughter's, Molly, joined us. In addition, Laurie and Paulette who I have known for years, joined us. The night was even more fun because of our very good natured van shuttle driver from the restaurant who was late picking us up and, for some reason, was so young and cute that I had to tease him mercilessly the whole ride. He reminded me of Leon, though he is Korean, and he even gave me a nice hug or two, something that wouldn't have happened in MN. A recent college grad, he is dreading his move to Montana. ;-)

Anyway, I had a lot of good conversations yesterday with people who are making a difference and I'm excited about the ways that my knowledge is broadened and I learn more each time I present. It's kinda supposed to be the other way around, isn't it?

We had a good night and I resisted the urge to work and headed to bed early, knowing I'd work better if I was up this morning by 5:30 or 6, which I was.....

Today I'm going to be presenting the same training to a different group at the same place. I look forward to it.........

No comments: