Monday, May 24, 2010

So What Did i do with it?

If you saw my facebook status, I was given 6 hours today that I didn't expect to have. My need to ride up to the Twin Cities changed and I got to stay home.

Well, first I had lunch with my favorite person (my husband) and it was nice. Then i took a nap. Yes, I actually slept. I know that is bothering some of you and surprising others, but the schedule I'm keeping lately has just been nuts and that, added to the fact that I didn't sleep much last night and got up at 4:30 to head to the Y, was just too much. I laid down for a quick rest and 90 minutes later awakened. I'm not saying I was refreshed, but the nap sure felt good while it was happening.

I've been back at the office working for a while since then, but I'm going to do something very uncharacteristic of me very soon. I'm going to take an hour away from my desk and I"m going to pick up the kids from school. They usually ride home with the neighbor and they think that I am going to send Rand to get them because I'm supposed to be out of town. But instead, it's going to be me and we're going to have ice cream. I know, not really on the diet plan, but certain to surprise them.

I am forcing myself to be a bit more balanced from now on. We'll see how it goes.

Tonight is Sadie's pops concert which I will attend. I also, of course, will make up for the time I wasn't working this afternoon (in case either of my employers are scanning my blog).

Only 2 weeks of school left. Seems hard to believe. The year went by so fast.

I better pack up to go get the kids.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

What an outstanding idea!