Friday, June 04, 2010

Lasts

Today is the last day of school. It's usually a day I dread, but this year, I'm glad. I'm tired of the morning routine, I'm tired of the stress of the school, and as mentioned earlier, I am tired of the perpetual loud noise that my two sons who are leaving today fill the house with on a continual basis. I"m tired of their lies and I'm tired of their obnoxious arguments. I'm ready for a break.

Now that does not mean that I don't love them. I do love them. And they are both very happy to be going where they are going. So I htink it is OK for all of us to be a bit happy.

I am dreading a couple conversations I need to have with a couple adult sons this weekend. They will be emotionally charged and I tend to rehearse conversations in my head if I know they are going to be difficult. And I'm tired my OCD tendencies that cause me to go over and over them again and again in my mind. I annoy myself.

Salinda's bf's mom starts chemo today. Would appreciate your prayers. She is there, trying to help out as much as she can.

Bart comes home today, and for that I am grateful. I miss him and his quiet non anxious presence in our home. Those of you who know him know what I"m talking about. His silent strength keeps me grounded. WHen he's gone I feel just a little off center.

So for the last time this school year, I"m heading to wake up a couple kids and get this party started. After a half day of school I'm heading to drop off the noise. ;-) Going to get to see my husband too, and take groceries to Salinda's bfs family. Full day for a last day, huh?

It will be nice when all these things are accomplished.

1 comment:

Tom said...

What you need, Claudia, is some ketchup, with its natural mellowing agents.