Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taking a Break from "the Zone"

Yesterday I put myself straight into the zone. I was at my office from 7:30 a.m. (after going to the Y) until 8:00 p.m. when I picked up Wilson from baseball with the exception of a lunch date and stopping home for supper and to take Wilson to the game. I was pushing myself and just wore myself out.

So this morning, after the Y and a couple hours at the computer, I found myself at the doctor getting my rat poison Warfarin level checked (the blood thinner medication I am on) . While waiting for the doctor to come in the door I nearly fell asleep sitting in the chair. If you knew me, you would know that I just don't fall asleep sitting up. I realized then that I was emotionally exhausted and it was time for some immediate drastic action.

So I took a morning nap. I know, I know, weird. But I did it. ANd I woke up, had some lunch, visited with Bart and the three kids who are home -- WIlson, Ricardo and Jimmy -- and now I'm sitting down feeling much more energized. I have some things to do at my desk at home and I"m going to work on those now.

I can live in the zone for days at a time, but with the wedding coming up and me nearly falling asleep sitting up, I realized it was time. Besides I have a major emotional event coming up tomorrow that will take some seriously emotional preparation -- bra shopping with Kari. I figure wearing the same ones I have had for six or seven years just isn't going to cut it any more. We are actually going to be measured. Separately. In different rooms. She's already threatening to blog it. I think she mentioned something about a Bragarama or something. See why I need to prepare for this?

3 comments:

FerJeniB said...

C - Bra-mageddon 2010? I know on paper hte prospect of getting measured for a bra seems off, but as someone who has been there and done that. The right fitting bra can lift more than just the girls. Have fun. - J

GB's Mom said...

Maybe you need to prepare, but she does make you laugh :)

nancy said...

Nope. Not what I was guessing. I'm certain that much blog fodder will come from this event. Reminds me of a story my college roommate related of a trip to DQ with a date and her date's father. (Chaperone?) If you recall the "Brazier" signs at DQ. When the waitress asked for their order, the father told her, "I'll take one of them brassier burgers."
Um...ok.

Sorry. It just seemed sort of "fitting" for the occasion.

Nancy in Iowa